- Recipe Contributor
THE GREATEST ROAST CHICKEN IN THE WORLD
Updated: Nov 20, 2022
with Greek Yoghurt Sauce
1 Whole chicken
3 tbs The Rub
2 tbs Olive oil
1 Lemon, halved
4 Fresh thyme sprigs
25g Salted butter, cut into sticks
Greek Yoghurt Sauce
180ml Greek Yoghurt
3 tsp Dill Pickle Dust
3 tbs Olive oil
3-4 tbs Red wine vinegar
3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat your oven or BBQ to 180°C.
2. Gently slide fingers under the skin to separate from the breast, being careful not to tear it. Slide under thin slices of butter between the skin and the breast, you don’t need to do this but it’s worth it. It adds so much flavour and keeps the chicken meat moist while cooking!
Place half a lemon and the fresh thyme into the cavity of the chicken. Truss legs together with twine.
3. Rub chicken in olive oil, then coat generously with The Rub. Wait until the moisture from the oil sets the rub and there are no dry spices left on the chicken.
4. Place in the oven or BBQ for around 20-25 minutes per 500g, or until it probes at 75°C.
To make to Greek yoghurt sauce, mix all of the ingredients together and season to taste. If it is too thick add a little water until it is at the desired consistency.
5. Carve the chicken, squeeze over a little fresh lemon juice & then hit it with the Greek yoghurt sauce! Serve it up with a fresh, crunchy salad and some crusty bread rolls & it’s the perfect summer lunch.